Osteosarcoma at advanced stages often leads to animals being euthanized for pain related issues. We at Veiove Animal Health are among the 80 million pet owners in the U.S. and we believe there are better options.
Pain shouldn’t be a life-threatening disease for your pet…
Benefits of our drug, SP-SAP:
- Permanent relief from cancer pain
- Single injectable dose
- Already successfully tested in dogs
Drug Development Milestones
- Otis Gets His Wag Back: video of SP-SAP treated patient with osteosarcoma
- Brown DC, Agnello K. (2013) Intrathecal substance p-saporin in the dog: efficacy in bone cancer pain. Anesthesiology 119(5):1178-1185.
- Hayashida K. (2013) Substance P-Saporin for Bone Cancer Pain in Dogs: Can Man’s Best Friend Solve the Lost in Translation Problem in Analgesic Development? Anesthesiology 119(5):999-1000.
- Wiese et al. (2013) Intrathecal substance p-saporin in the dog: distribution, safety, and spinal neurokinin-1 receptor ablation. Anesthesiology 119(5):1163-1177.
- Nichols et al. (1999) Transmission of chronic nociception by spinal neurons expressing the substance P receptor. Science 286:1558-1561.
- Mantyh et al. (1997) Inhibition of hyperalgesia by ablation of lamina I spinal neurons expressing the substance P receptor. Science 278:275-279.
- FDA approves human clinical trials: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT02036281
We are actively seeking a partner to help bring SP-SAP to the veterinary market. Talk to us today to see how you can help provide these furry patients a better quality of life.